Generators sized from a 33kva up to an 800kva are available on short notice to make sure your business can run smoothly with minimum loss. Generators will be delivered, connected and collected.
We refill generators for your convenience
Maintenance and service
We do a full maintenance and service plan on any generator, we schedule major and minor services and provide quotes for any repairs that need be.
Fluorescent Waste Disposal
We dispose this waste in accordance with legislation and in a manner that will not impact negatively on the environment.
All the lamps are crushed as per the Western Cape Health Care Risk Waste Regulations in compliance with the National Waste Information Regulations in terms of the requirements of the South African Waste Information System.
Electrical, Computer Cabling, Heating, Cooling and Energy Management
We are preferred certified installers of a wide range of products. We deliver this service across the electrical, data and communication fields of industry. Our qualified, in-house trained team leaders supervise all our installation teams. Our people can be clearly identified by their professional abilities, uniform company gear and well-mannered approach to their work.
We have a fully kitted maintenance vehicle to meet all the lightning needs of our customers. The team is highly experienced and professional and perform scheduled maintenances on a cost effective manner. Our maintenance database consists of clients such as Distell, Green Cross, Netafim, Lafarge, Ammonia Refrigeration Engineering, Checkers and Transnet, only to name a few.
We have properly trained artisans for fault finding on control panels, wiring and designing to your specific needs.
AC/DC Electrical Motors
We also supply new motors for each application needed, and have the ability of rigging, moving and installing motors, as well as lining up. In addition, we also take full responsibility for rewinding and overhauling of bearings on motors. In the case of electrical motor failure, we make use of Schipper & Sons Motor Rewinders in Stikland, who gives us excellent service and feedback on each job. They were established in 1956 and are specialist rewinders of all AC and DC electrical motors, welders, generators, pumps, submersible pumps, geared motors, transformers, electromagnetic brakes and coils. They also specialise in general machining, welding, sandblasting and new and used motor sales.
We make use of a power logger to monitor any electrical system for your requirements, and also to determine max power load on peak times.
Actions performed by power logger:
- Analyse unbalance on phases
- Scan for harmonics in systems
- Maximum and Minimum demand can be monitored
- KVA rating can be monitored
- KW used over several time intervals can be monitored
- Power factor can be checked if is in order
- Energy consumption testing
- Informs you what size generator you need for your application
We are certified to use the above mentioned machines and we can give clear and accurate reports that will also be discussed after receipt of report.
Power is scarce to come by these days, which is why we also specialise in supplying and installing UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to various clients that cannot afford to have downtime on their network during crucial business hours.
Our skill levels are diversified and wide spread. We are proud to offer a consultation service to our clients to help them to make the right decisions beforehand. Professional integration advice and tender specification assistance is some of the value-added services we offer to all our clients.
Maintenance Service – 24 Hours
Some electrical systems need to be surveyed and monitored on regular intervals. We have a 24-hour stand-by service to suit your needs during crucial production times.
The products and systems supplied by us can easily be integrated into a service level agreement to maintain and support the ongoing well being of the systems to ensure peace of mind to our clients.
All on site repair experience relating to us:
• Overhauling & service 5 – 160kw induction motors
• Installing and setting up power factors
• Installing and setting up of capacitor start motors
• Variable speed drive installation and setting up
• Thoroughly testing plant quarter yearly on complete fault list as per client
• Plant Designing and wiring of sequence start on conveyors
• Servicing and cleaning transformers and Oil sample testing.
• Planning and modifying of batching plant control room wiring
• Installing protective devices on all crushers that prevents failure
• Testing of earth continuity on all buildings on site
• Generator services and maintenance
• Maintenance & repairs on power factors
• Designing & and wiring of all starters (star delta, direct online, part winding, 2 speed motors, dc motors & soft starters)
• Designing & wiring of control circuits
• Designing & wiring of CAD Drawings
• Automation of Plc & Programming
• Testing of generators in the shipping industry
• Repairing of hoppers
• Lighting surveys
• Earth testing on electrical equipment
• Repairing of battery systems on Barges
• Complete rewiring of houses in the domestic areas
• Complete rewiring of buildings in the commercial areas
• Complete rewiring of industrial store areas
• Refrigeration complete electrical wiring and testing
There is a response time of one hour. An additional cost will be charged after the first hour, and charges are applicable for any materials used.
R450 Billed at Critical breakdowns (Includes first hour labour, excludes material & Travelling)
R325 Billed at Non Critical Breakdowns & Normal Hourly Rate.
R4.00 Billed per Km
Rates for Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd on contractual based lease
R294 Billed at Normal Hourly Rate per hour
R441 Billed at After Hourly Rate per hour
R7.17 Billed per Km
Normal hourly rate will apply during Weekly Working Hours (Mon-Friday, 7:30-17:00)
Any Hours worked after these times will be charged at Overtime rates as per Electrical Board